Garden Grove Laser Dentist - Fariba Hemat, DDS
Dental lasers help dentist to treat conditions in the mouth using light energy. The laser is very selective, penetrating to specific depth in the particular kind of tissue being treated. The tissue absorbs the laser light which agitates the molecules of the tissues, causing the tissue cells to gently break apart. This very precisely treats only the desired area, while leaving healthy gums bone and tooth structure untouched.
Uses of dental lasers
There are different types of dental lasers and we use them to treat different kind of oral tissues. We can use lasers on soft tissues like gums, and on hard tissues, like teeth and bone.
We may use lasers on soft tissues to reshape healthy gum tissues or removed diseased gums, decontaminate gum pockets that are infected with periodontal disease, and treat some sores in the mouth.
We also use lasers on hard tissues to remove tooth decay and prepare teeth for sealants, bonding, fillings and other restorations, perform root canal therapy, reshape bone and treat sensitive teeth.
Benefits of lasers
• They are much quieter than a dental drill with no whining or vibration.
• They are very precise, so there is minimal impact on oral tissues.
• They’re gentle and generally painless.
• They can minimize bleeding and swelling and speed the healing of gum tissues.
• They reduce the risk of infection by decontaminating the affected areas.
• They provide a more comfortable and effective dental treatment.
Contact us to find out if laser dentistry is available for your procedure or to schedule your appointment with Dr. Hemat in our Garden Grove dental office today.